REFCON® plus is an engineered Calcium Aluminate Cement (CAC), designed for medium and low temperature refractory applications. REFCON® plus is also chosen for certain applications where reducing conditions may also be present.
REFCON® plus has very good high temperature properties: low shrinkage & high strength. REFCON® plus does not contain any additives.
- Engineered Medium Aluminate Cement for higher cost efficiency
- Designed for mullitic-, fireclay-, bauxite containing castables
- Can be used for gunning, repair patches, vibrational castables
- Excellent flow behavior – similar to typical High Alumina Cement
- Compatible with different deflocculants
- Superior refractory properties
REFCON® plus is the optimal choice for deflocculated castables which contain the following aggregates:
- Bauxite/Andalusite 60-85 % Al2O3
- Mullitic Fireclay 45-70 % Al2O3
- Standard Fireclay > 25 % Al2O3
- Recycled low alumina aggregates