Calucem is implementing the project “Development of a new innovative ECO₂FLEX product”.
The ECO₂Flex project aims at reducing the carbon footprint of the Cement Industry. The ECO₂FLEX solution is based on the development of a new product as well as its innovative production process, both reducing CO₂ emissions. The final product is an innovative Calcium Aluminate Cement (CAC) that will allow a reduction of at least 30% CO₂ emissions compared to similar CAC available on the market. It is based on the combination of patented Calcium Aluminate Cement (CAC) with selected CO₂ neutral cementitious materials (SCM).
The ECO₂FLEX project is developed by Calucem Production Plant in Pula (Croatia) with their headquarters in Mannheim (Germany) and the Faculty of Civil Engineering at University of Zagreb (Croatia).
This 3-year project has started on the 1ˢᵗ of August 2020. The project has received support from the European Regional Development Fund under the grant agreement n° [KK.01.2.1.02.0047] applied in the Call for Proposals "Increasing the development of new products and services arising from research and development activities - phase II".
The total eligible costs of the project is 27,764,236.85 HRK, out of the total value of 34,926,624.69 HRK and an expected grant of 14,900,633.24 HRK
General goal of the project
The overall goal of the project is to support the development of new products, services, technologies and business process improvements through increased investment in research, development and innovation, strengthening the research and development capacity of companies, and strengthening cooperation with scientific research institutions.
ECO₂FLEX objectives and expected results
- To develop a new generation of products in the S3 area (innovation in the market):
- Successful development of ECO₂FLEX product
- Successful development of ECO₂FLEX processes
- To intensify research and development activities by the beneficiary and partners
- To increase cooperation between private and scientific research organization
- To increase competitiveness and sustainable growth of Calucem d.o.o.
- To ensure the effective dissemination and visibility of the project results according to the Agreement
- To ensure the successful exploitation of the project results and to establish the basis for the market uptake of ECO₂FLEX
- To ensure the trademark and patent registration
- To successfully implement the project management tasks with efficient use of human, time and financial resources